>From: Sam_arb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

> Hi,
>
> I want to pass a row data from a data table to be displayed in a pop up. The
> "var" property is local only to the data table tag. So how can I pass the
> row data where it is referenced using "var" to a pop up?
>
> Your suggestions and help are greatly appreciated.

You might look at using a statefull action listener that will push around
values for you.  There are at least a couple implementations of this hanging
around myfaces [1].

<t:updateActionListener property="#{employeeAction.employee.id}"
value="#{emp.id}" />

The JSF 1.2 RI has one of these too. It's called setPropertyActionListener [2].

[1]
http://incubator.apache.org/adffaces/trinidad-api/tagdoc/tr_setActionListener.html
[2]
http://java.sun.com/javaee/javaserverfaces/1.2/docs/tlddocs/f/setPropertyActionListener.html