Hi,

I am having this problem too. My select one is set up as follows:

<h:selectOneMenu id="regionList" binding="#{Bean.regionListUI}"
value="#{Bean.region}" >
  <f:converter converterId="myapp.Region"/>
  <f:selectItem itemValue="0" itemLabel="(all)"/>
  <t:selectItems var="r" itemLabel="#{r.name}" itemValue="#{r.idString}"
value="#{applicationBean.regionMap}" />
  <f:attribute name="fieldRef" value="Region List"/>
</h:selectOneMenu>

- This was working fine with 1.1.4 but since the upgrade to 1.1.5 it now
falls over.
- The application bean is at application scope, so the values should always
be available.
- The converter changes an ID to a region and vice versa.
- The page loads up fine, I only have the problem when I select a command
button that runs an action listener.
- I use a '<t:saveState value="#{Bean_track}"/>' for my request-scoped bean.
- The region bean implements a working 'equals' method.
- If I select the manually populated select item, (all), it works correctly.

My converter is like this:

public final static String CONVERTER_ID = "myapp.Region";
    public Object getAsObject(FacesContext facesContext, UIComponent
uiComponent, String string)
            throws ConverterException {

       return
JSFUtils.getAppBackingBean().getRegionMap().get(Integer.parseInt(string));
    }

    public String getAsString(FacesContext facesContext, UIComponent
uiComponent, Object object)
            throws ConverterException {
        if (object == null) {
            return null;
        } else if (object instanceof Region) {
            final Region region = (Region) object;
            return region.getId().toString();
        }

        return object.toString();
    }

I am at a complete loss at the moment, so any thoughts on what could be
causing this error would be appreciated.

Thanks, Carl