Regards to all,

I’ve been working on an application with JSF for 6 months and we are
reaching the point when we need to do some optimization as there are lots of
objects in session scope and this has got us quite concerned.  I have been
going over the list’s past conversations regarding this subject but I
continue with 2 mayor questions:

1.  Is there any way to get an accurate estimation of the session size
without using serialization?

2.  Excessive Session use is discouraged, however components such as the
tree and results tables only work properly when backed up by session scoped
beans, I see some contradiction here and the savestate solution doesn’t work
for me as my application has multiple navigation paths between pages (no
real rules of the type origin -->destination can be applied)

Thanks,

JV