Volker,

In what environment does that occur? I have never "lost" the contents of my verbatim tags. I no longer use verbatim, now that I have Facelets, but I used them extensively for quite a while.

I am aware that contents of verbatim are marked "transient", and thus do not participate in state-saving... but as for actually having the markup vanish from the page?

Regards,

Jeff Bischoff
Kenneth L Kurz & Associates, Inc.

Volker Weber wrote:
A third solution, which i would prefer about the f:verbatim:

<h:outputText escape="false" value="<H1>"/>
 <h:outputText value="#{msg['bla.bla']}"/>
<h:outputText escape="false" value="</H1>"/>

reason: content of verbatim tags dissapears after rerender in case of
validation/conversion errors.

Regards,
 Volker