Adrian Mitev schrieb:
> For renderer templating engine - probably the Exadel guys will
> contribute their engine to jsf 2.0.

here is one reason why I would love to see velocity (anyway I am sure it
wont make it (I know the sun guys want a clear cut and as few logic as
possible in the templating, which I do not agree with)

component java
with annotations

plain pojo with a handful of annotations in the easiest way

renderer velocity: you would get template caching and a real programming
language centered around templating, which mixes well with xml centric
dialects due to having different synactic structures.

in the end you probably just would need a

$component for the component access
and a
$jsftools for the jsf access from the renderer

and then you do your templates just the usual velocity way (which works
very well in my opinion and is way better than the jstl, el etc...
approach sun prefers

anyway this wont make it, but it would be a nice soc project in my
opinion, i do not see to much which would interfer by doing it now, you
just have to find the hooks into velocity where you can add manually
macros to the already existing data tree of velocity and initialize
velocity globally, or at least on session level (also depending how
thread save velocity is).