On 4/6/07, Jesse Alexander (KSFD 121) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

seems that mileage really varies

We have heard from projects that they never would have made
it in time without JSF given their scarce resources.

Thinking about the bad maintainability of System.out. webapps
I am HAPPY using JSF. Wouldn't want to go back to those old times.

And using Facelets even the "component"-writing is really fun.

regards
Alexander

I  agree with this fully.For me, each project I did in JSF got progressively
easier and more pleasurable to deal with. Despite the books and tutorials I
read about JSF from the start, the only thing that really made me like it
was actually working with it and learning when and how to utilize different
parts of the spec. And I mean really LEARNING about it; not hitting a wall
and giving up. I cursed and became frustrated, but I kept going. Things
seemed impossible at first because I was trying to do them incorrectly.
Several subsequent projects taught me about phase listeners, validators,
components, render-kits, and when/how to use them together--all things that
I knew existed from the start, but not how they really worked in practice.
And because of that, with each new project I was able to make better
decisions and difficult things became simple. I've done five projects in it,
start to finish, and I still probably have things to learn.

Harlan