Hi,

I have an issue with the back button in my faces + facelets app. The app has a
multi page form, back by a collection of beans. If the user clicks back to go
to a previous page then the values are submitted correctly.

However, if the user clicks back whilst the page is loading, and then submits
the form, the values in the form are applied to the beans for the form the
browser would have gone to had the page load not been interrupted by the back
button.

For example in the page flow:

Page 1 -> Page 2 -INTERRUPT-> Page3

After the interrupt the user is left at page 1 again, but the values entered
end up in the beans for Page 3.

All I've thought of so far to prevent this is to put a sequence number in a
hidden form field, and to check that when the form is submitted. If the form is
submitted out of sequence it can be detected and I can present an error to the
user. The downside is that I really only want to stop the user from using the
back button when interrupting page loads, and I can't easily detect that.

Has anybody else come across this issue? And if so have they fixed it?

Thanks

John

now.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/