Hi All,

I have a requirement where I need to mimic the directory structure of
windows. The tree directory structure can be changed by right clicking
on one of the items, similar to what windows has.

What I have done is the following:

I have defined a tree structure using t:tree2 component. The only
problem with that component is that it does not restore open state as
the t:panelNavigation2 component does. Each of the facets in the tree
encloses just a t:commandLink component. This command link component is
wrapped with t:popup.

So now when the user hovers over a node in the tree (which is a link)
then a popup is displayed. All this is fine but I have a few problems:

1.      I want the popup to be displayed on click of the link and not on
mouse over event. How can I change the behavior of t:popup so that it
gets displayed on mouse click event and not mouse over event?
2.      Say if there is some way in which the first requirement can be
met then how do I pass the value of the node back to the backing bean?
It can be done by having a hidden variable and having an onclick event
on the node (since each node is also a link). But I was looking at using
t:updateActionListener and then passing back the value of the node and
setting a property in the backing bean. How do I access another
component's value and pass it on the click of a menu item (a command
button) in the popup.

To clarify point number 2:

Consider the following tree layout:

Root

   DummyNode1

        DummySub1.1

   DummyNode2

        DummySub2.1

        DummySub2.2

        DummySub2.3

Now when I click DummyNode2 then a popup with the following content
should be shown:

Add Sub Folder

Modify Folder Properties

Etc...

So now when the user clicks Add Sub Folder I need to pass DummyNode2 to
the backing bean. What is the best way to do this?

Thanks,

Madhav

notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are
not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other
person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses.
Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not
liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail.
You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or
attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all
messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this
e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.