        From: Dave [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: 27 April 2007 09:41
        To: Tomcat Users List; users@myfaces.apache.org
        Subject: force to start a new servlet session

        On JSF page, click a button to open a new window. The request
will join the existing session. Is there a way to create a new HTTP
servlet session for the request(clicking the button)?

        public HttpSession getSession(boolean create)

        Create a new session only when no session already exists even if
create=true.

        What I am trying to do is to Start a brand new session so that
the new session
        will not have the user authentication information from the
existing session.

        Thanks for ideas.
        Dave

________________________________

        Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48245/*http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html;
_ylc=X3oDMTE1YW1jcXJ2BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDbmV3LWNhcnM
->

are addressed.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author, and do not
necessarily
represent those of ESB.

Although ESB scans e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee
that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained
as a result of viruses.

Company Registration Information: http://www.esb.ie/main/home/companies.jsp