>Got it.
>
>Actually, my Renderer gots wrapped - the Wrapper itself however does not
>implement AjaxRenderer (renderere instanceof AjaxRenderer), so the Ajax
>Request is stopped silently - no warning or error message.

Ahh, good catch.  That wrapper renderer has to do with shales validator.
If it's wrapping a renderer, then the render supports the standard interface.
This was done long before tomahawk created the AjaxRenderer interface.

We should only do this if the component uses the common validator but
we'll have to look into that.

>Would be nice, if some Log Message would be there which tell that.

I'm not sure how we would do that without locking into the specifics of
the tomahawk component library?  Shale validator doesn't want a compile
time dependency with tomahawk so we would have to look at using the
reflection API.

What would we report on?

>Torsten

Gary
--- Begin Message ---

Am Donnerstag, den 03.05.2007, 17:58 +0200 schrieb Torsten Krah:
> I've taken the sandbox example and use it 1:1 - but with a different
> view handler, shouldn't matter in theory.
> But i get no suggests, i can click the arrow or enter something, the
> method on my bean is never called, nothing happens - although a request
> is made (firebug), but is pending "forever".
>
> Are there any JSP dependencies on this component - or what could cause
> this?
> Ajax in general does work, using Shales Remoting and Prototype library
> does work, so it might be the components fault, however i don't know
> where to look for, any hints?
>
> Torsten

--- End Message ---