Hello,

We were thinking about adding a favIcon attribute to tc:page, which would in turn render a <link rel="icon" ...> element into the HTML header. Additionally the ResourceServlet has to be extended to support the .ico extension and map it to the content type "image/vnd.microsoft.icon" or "image/x-icon". Because this handling is missing you currently get the warning below.

This is a fairly easy change and could be added to the next release. Can you please add a feature request to JIRA?

Regards,
Arvid

Cort, Tom wrote:
Hello,

I'm using tobago-1.0.10 and working on creating a new theme. I'd like to
include a favicon.ico file ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Favicon ), but I'm
having trouble figuring out where to put it. Putting it in the theme's image
directory doesn't seem to work...

10:11:54,783 WARN  [ResourceServlet] Unsupported file extension, will be
ignored for security reasons.
resource='org/apache/myfaces/tobago/renderkit/html/vermont/standard/image/fa
vicon.ico'

Is this something that needs to be fixed in tobago (i.e. add the ".ico" file
extension to tobago's supported file extension list), or is there a better
place for the file?

--
Tom Cort
Systems Developer