I set the object from a portlet and open the PDF byte[] in a non-portlet
jsp. The only way it worked by now was to set the object in portlet
application scope and read it in the jsp with session.getAttribute(...)

________________________________

Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Montag, 14. Mai 2007 17:45
An: MyFaces Discussion
Betreff: Re: JSF, Tomcat memory usage

Why are you storing such a large object in session scope in the first
place? What's wrong with a different scope?

"Andrew Robinson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

05/14/2007 10:52 AM
Please respond to
"MyFaces Discussion" <users@myfaces.apache.org>

"MyFaces Discussion" <users@myfaces.apache.org>
cc
Subject
Re: JSF, Tomcat memory usage

The memory will not go away until the GC decides to clean up the
objects. You may want to try to force a GC for testing reasons and see
if that shows that it is working fine (then you can remove the call to
GC as you should never call it directly)

On 5/14/07, Pfau, Oliver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have made some test with my JSF portlet regarding memory consumption
> with liferay and tomcat. The memory usage increases up to 1,1 Gbyte.
> After closing the session and waiting, the memory usage does not
> decrease.
> In detail I store a big PDF as byte[] in the session, show it and
remove
> it from the session but the memory usage remains on the highest value.
> That's strange I think.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for
the exclusive use of the individual or entity named above and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for
delivery of the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail
and delete the material from any computer.  Thank you.