Hello Helmut,

thank you for your help!

Now I have the following Client- and Server-Code (below).
The Message is always added (facesContext.addMessage)
in an action-method of my code just for testing.
However, I never get a message displayed.
Is there something wrong on the client or server.
To be honest I never got any message working before.
I did some testing with messages a few weeks ago.
I have no luck with the message functionality, although
it seems to be quite easy. Do you have any more help?

Thank you in advance
Clemens

Client:
<f:subview id="dlgAddEdit">
<tc:panel>
<tx:date id="vldtyBeg"
         value="#{controller.selectedVldtyBeg}"
         label="#{controller.keyLblValidityBegin}"
         readonly="#{controller.forEditSelected}">
  <f:convertDateTime pattern="dd.MM.yyyy"/>
</tx:date>
<tx:date id="vldtyEnd"
         value="#{controller.selectedVldtyEnd}"
         label="#{controller.keyLblValidityEnd}">
  <f:convertDateTime pattern="dd.MM.yyyy"/>
</tx:date>
<tc:message for="vldtyEnd"/>
</tc:panel>

Server:

    FacesContext facesContext = FacesContext.getCurrentInstance();

String message = "vldtyEnd smaller than vldtyBeg";
facesContext.addMessage("dlgAddEdit:vldtyEnd",
           new FacesMessage(FacesMessage.SEVERITY_ERROR, message, message));

Clemens Sietas
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]