Hi!

> Hey, can anyone tell me how Orchestra compares to Spring-Annotations
> JSF module (http://sannotations.sourceforge.net/jsf.html)?

I did not find the required information on their homepage, though, it
looks like there is indeed some overlap.

Some quick differences are:
* Orchestra do not require annotations, admitted, they simplify your
life ;-)
* We really introduce a conversation scope comparable to session,
request etc ... you use scope="conversation" in your managed bean config
to do the magic
We hope that makes it more natural to use, every JSF developer is aware
of scopes ... so we just have one or two additional scopes.
* We had persistence in mind, means, beans in one of those scope can
have a persistence context with the same length = long sessions, though,
as I already mentioned in another post using our persistence is optional.
You can configure conversation scopes with this persistence context
synchronization, and another conversation name without this feature
enabled. The same counts for our flash scope.

Ok, with the above features we are just one of many :-), but at least we
try another strategy than the others.

Additionally we try another approach to generate forms based on the
beans meta data (=annotations).
IMHO in contrast to generated JSF pages the cons here are:
* the form changes as your model do
* the user will be able to choose which properties to view within the
form (this is a future enhancement) - often it depends on the
installation how the form should look like, now the user can custom it.
I think this will work best with dataTable like pages.

Additional info should be available at [1] and [2] during the next week.
I've updated [1], but it might take some time until the new site will be
available.
The new version of our site will show a short example and more text on
the start page.

Ciao,
Mario

[1] http://myfaces.apache.org/orchestra/myfaces-orchestra-core/index.html