Adam,

Thanks for the info!

Since I'm using the trunk, the org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.faces.STATE is what
needs to be sent
(at least, that's what's listed in my CoreResponseStateManager class).

So, I now have the GWT request send that variable set to its component's id.
I.e., the GWT widget
in the component tree looks like this:

<UIGWTWidget id="j_id29" rendered="true" transient="false"/>

When the GWT request is issued, then
org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.faces.STATE=!j_id29 is sent.
However, this causes an index out of bounds error in the StateManagerImpl
class--apparently, it is
looking for a string value that looks like:

someId:anotherId

Since the value I send does not have a colon in it, then I've confused it.  I
couldn't figure out
what the StateManager is expecting, even after some searching around.  As far
as my requirements,
all I really need is for just the GWT component to be constructed on the
postback.

So, how should I format the state string in the request so that trinidad / JSF
will understand it?

Thanks again for your help,

--David

--- Adam Winer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The Trinidad 1.2 code sends javax.faces.ViewState (the 1.2 spec
> requires this), but the trunk doesn't, instead sending
> org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.faces.STATE.  If you're using JSF 1.2,
> you could (and should) use the Trinidad 1.2 code.
>
> -- Adam
>

> On 5/29/07, D. Cardon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Thanks for your response, I looked into it and found out that when G4JSF
> > builds its request,
> it
> > send the javax.faces.ViewState variable in the request.  Do I need to have
> > it send something
> > different for Trinidad?
> >
> > --David
> >
> > --- Adam Winer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > If there's no tree, I suspect that the state parameter is
> > > not getting submitted.  Check the G4JSF code to see if
> > > it has hardcoded a list of request parameters to submit.
> > >
> > > -- Adam

> with
> > > it.
> on
> > > the
> > > when
> figured a

> the

> View
> > > phase

> the
> GWT
> > > event
> > > request

> phase?
> bean?

> the
> > > right car based on your needs.  Check out Yahoo! Autos new Car Finder
> > > tool.

> vacation? Get great deals
> > to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
> > http://travel.yahoo.com/

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time