Hi Matthias!

>> But, the problem is, that Family/Type are strings. Why not going
>> against the "base" interfaces, provided by JSF ?
>>
>> -javax.faces.component.EditableValueHolder
>> -javax.faces.component.ActionSource

When I hook on one of the UISelect* components I use a different event
action. Instead of onkeypress the component will automatically choose
onchange.
This will be done by checking for one of
        UISelectBoolean.COMPONENT_FAMILY, UISelectMany.COMPONENT_FAMILY,
UISelectOne.COMPONENT_FAMILY

Is there something similar for Trinidad?

Its just to make the component a little bit smarter, the user/in is
always able to define which even to use as attribute.

Ciao,
Mario