Hi,

Try setting showDetail to true on h:messages

Cagatay

On 6/13/07, Michael Obster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

can somebody tell me how I get a validation on an empty value running?
I use a
<t:inputText value="#{order.date}" validator="#{order.validateDate}">
   <f:convertDateTime type="date" pattern="dd.MM.yyyy"/>
</t:inputText>

I have seen, that when no value is entered, the validator is not
executed. But this is not the expected behaviour. So how can I run this
validator also on a empty value? Do I need to write an own converter for
that, where I return not a null but a empty String?

I have also tried a required="true" tag, but the I only see in the
h:messages a validation error but no info that it comes from the empty
date. Is there a way to change the generated message?

Cheers,
Michael