Use either myfaces-impl & myfaces-api OR jsf-api and jsf-impl, but
*never* a combination of myfaces and jsf.

On 6/13/07, sandipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi ,

Thanks for the response.

Here I am registering my bean as,

 <managed-bean>
  <managed-bean-name>loginFormBean</managed-bean-name>
  <managed-bean-class>com.LoginForm</managed-bean-class>
  <managed-bean-scope>request</managed-bean-scope>
 </managed-bean>

As you said keep only one jar out of jsf & myfaces.
But my another project working fine when I kept both jars.(actually I need
both jars because if I remove one of jars then some of functionalities
inside my application not working)

So can you please suggest in this.What might be wrong.

Thanks
Sandip

Andrew Robinson-5 wrote:

> "Base is null" means that the base object of the EL expression is
> null. In this case, #{loginFormBean} is evaluating to null. So the
> variable resolver is not finding "loginFormBean" in any of the JSF
> contexts and is not auto-creating it.
>
> Could you post how you register this bean?
>
> Also, as for jars make sure you don't have jsf-api, jsf-impl as you
> mentioned, but also make sure myfaces-api and myfaces-impl are the
> only myfaces jars in your classpath.
>
> Also make sure you have this in your web.xml:
>
>   <listener>
>     <listener-class>
>       org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener
>     </listener-class>
>   </listener>
>

> On 5/28/07, Sandip Patil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am facing some strange problem while working with JSF.
>> I have created one project which is running fine.If I create another
>> project
>> with another name(but same src/JSP's files) its giving me below error
>>
>> I am getting error as,Base is null Error.
>>
>> I am trying to login my application by entering username & password &
>> then
>> click on login button.
>>
>> But its showing me error as,
>>
>> javax.servlet.ServletException: Base is null: loginFormBean
>> javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:202)

org.apache.myfaces.component.html.util.ExtensionsFilter.doFilter(ExtensionsFilter.java:122)