One way is:

var theForm = ... find my form through the DOM ...
var clientId = ... the client ID of the component;

TrPage.getInstance().sendFormPost(theForm, {source:clientId});

Then, on the server, in your decode, you'd just need to
check if the "source" param was component.getClientId(),
and you know it was your own component.

-- Adam