Hi!

We would like to announce the availability of Apache MyFaces Orchestra [1].
Orchestra is "yet another try" to simplify the development of web
applications using JPA or any other object relational mapper like plain
Hibernate.
In contrast to the other solutions we think ours is easier to use with a
low learning curve.
There are no new annotations required other than those you'll use for
JPA, though, using Springs *Template classes to get access to the
persistence context will do the trick too.

With help of the Spring framework Apache MyFaces Orchestra introduce new
scopes usable for your managed beans. For example you'll get a
"conversation" scope where its lifetime is synchronized with the
database session.
This allows you to directly use the entities in your view, though, even
if you use "data transfer objects" you'll find it convenient to gain
from the persistence context session cache and keep things like
automatic version checking without having to think about it.

Further documentation can be found in the Apache MyFaces Orchestra
"Core" Module [2].

The next milestone is to work towards a 1.0 release, for now you can
download snapshots as described in [3].

Thanks to everyone who made it possible to get this project alive.

Have fun!

Ciao,
Mario

[1] http://myfaces.apache.org/orchestra