Please  ignore the above post. Its copy/paste error :)-
Here is the full post
We use JSF, Spring, Hibernate
We are having problems updating associated objects
Let say if Parent object ( in my case DeviceType) is associated with 3
records of Child object ( in my case Role) .

During update, if i add or delete a Role from  User Interface, i have
observed the default behaviour of Hibernate is to
"delete the exsisting records from association table and then insert the
(new) updated records "

I figured out whats going wrong & the fix is to implement "equals" &
"hashcode" methods to compare the primary keys of the two objects.

i.e.
equals method will check
- if new objects are added to the collection (i.e. Lsit),
- if they are old do nothing,
- if there are any new objects in the collection (i.e. Lsit) not present in
the pojo then drop them.

- if any new objects are added to the collection (i.e. Lsit),
- if they are old do nothing,
- if there are any new objects in the collection (i.e. Lsit) which are not
present in the pojo then drop them.

As we use ormtool to generate Hibernate Pojos & Dao objects, we are
reluctant to modify them and have similar implementation in business Layer
i.e. Spring
Its years that i looked into CoreJava any pointers/suggestions with snippet
code will be highly appreciated