Thanks for the info Adam! I do have an additional question concerning this. I
haven't looked in to this for a while but I remember at one point the
"org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.renderkit.core.pages.GenericEntry" ->
"FredJSP.service" used for dialogs having an issue with servlet-mapping:

 <servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>faces</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>*.jsf</url-pattern>
 </servlet-mapping>

...and to get the dialog working I had to use:

  <servlet-mapping>
   <servlet-name>faces</servlet-name>
   <url-pattern>/faces/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

...is this still the case? The reason why I ask is that I'm using the suggested
InternalView API with:

/META-INF/org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.InternalView.properties
contents:
/__MYRESOURCEv__=some.path.to.my.internalview.class.MyResourceClass

...I have similar code for the "FedJSP.service" call in
"org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.renderkit.core.pages.GenericEntry", but
when calling the resource url http://foo/ <http://foo/__MYRESOURCEv__.jsf>
__MYRESOURCEv__.jsf I get a 404 (the same as what I get for dialogs w/*.jsf).
Am I missing something?