Hi!

> I have to create a generic editor with various fields based on a
> configuration(file, database …). Each field can be rendered as a
> different input type, e.g. selectOneCheckbox, selectManyCheckbox,
> selectOneRadio, selectOneMenu, selectManyMenu or even inside a tree2
> structure. Moreover I have to add validators and converters to the
> components, e.g. for numeric input, dates etc.

You can have a look at the dynaForm component in MyFaces Orchestra which
already do something like that based on a JPA annotated bean.
You can easily create a new "extractor" based on e.g. the metadata of
your database.

It's not very well documented, but a very simple example can be found in
the MyFaces Orchestra Examples package.

Ciao,
Mario