From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Matthias Wessendorf
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2007 3:48 PM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: [Addendum]: Myfaces 1.2 upgrading

Hi Matthieu,

regarding #2.
I can't reproduce it.

faces-config:
        <managed-bean>
                <managed-bean-name>beany</managed-bean-name>

<managed-bean-class>org.apache.myfaces.blank.SessionBean</managed-bean-c
lass>
                <managed-bean-scope>session</managed-bean-scope>
        <managed-property>
            <property-name>style</property-name>
            <value>short</value>
        </managed-property>
        </managed-bean>

JSP-file:
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"; prefix="h" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"; prefix="f"%>
<f:view>
<h:form>

<h:outputText value="#{beany.date}">
 <f:convertDateTime   type="both" dateStyle="#{beany.style}" />
</h:outputText>
</h:form>
</f:view>

Bean
package org.apache.myfaces.blank;

import java.util.Date;

public class SessionBean {

  private Date date = new Date();
  private String style;
  public Date getDate() {
    return date;
  }
  public void setDate(Date date) {
    this.date = date;
  }
  public String getStyle() {
    System.out.println("getStyle called");
    return style;
  }
  public void setStyle(String style) {
    this.style = style;

and the system.out is called, when I access the webpage

-Matthias
On 7/19/07, Cormier, Matthieu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> My original hypothesis for issue 2 was incorrect.  The issue is
actually
> caused from the tag
>
> <f:convertDateTime  which we have embedded in an <h:outputText.  We
use a
> bean to contain the configuration items for data display.  The invalid
style
> message is coming from this:
>

>                  <f:convertDateTime type="both"
>
>                         dateStyle="#{LocaleBean.dateStyle}"

> The bean is of type session and I have verfified that the proper value
is
> set in the bean.

>         <managed-property>
>
>             <property-name>dateStyle</property-name>
>
>             <value>short</value>
>
>         </managed-property>
>

> However the get method for the property is never called and the
exception
> stack trace below occurs.
>

> This code worked fine in 1.1 but no longer works in 1.2.
>

> Matthieu

javax.faces.convert.DateTimeConverter.calcStyle(DateTimeConverter.java:2
03)

>         at

javax.faces.convert.DateTimeConverter.getDateFormat(DateTimeConverter.ja
va:166)

>         at

javax.faces.convert.DateTimeConverter.getAsString(DateTimeConverter.java
:125)

> This was discovered because we use a conditional in our tree to define
> styles dependant on the selected node.
>
> styleClass="#{t.nodeSelected || node.container eq selectedContainer ?
> 'selectedContainer' : '' }"
>
> The workaround is to define the empty style to a style that is not
defined.

> styleClass="#{t.nodeSelected || node.container eq selectedContainer ?
> 'selectedContainer' : 'nullStyle'}"
>
> Are these bugs or spec changes from 1.1 to 1.2?
>
> --
>
> Matthieu Cormier
>
> Abridean Inc.
>
> T: 902-442-5122 x 5145
>
> F: 902-442-5101
>
> www.abridean.com
>
> This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
> addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
Any

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff: