I have had a performance issue with both the JSF applications I have
written.

On my windows xp development pc responses are instant.  However when
deployed to a Sun Ultra 80 Solaris machine every page takes 4 seconds and if
I add a redirect the response time increases to 7 seconds.  Another
application on the same Solaris machine, but written using Struts has
instant page response times.

Is a simple page response time of 4 seconds expected when using JSF?  I have
tried all sorts of tweaks during the past year but the response time is
unaffected.

I am using Myfaces & tomahawk 1.1.5,  Weblogic 8.1sp4, Facelets 1.1.12.  One
application uses Oracle ADF and the other Ajax4Jsf/Richfaces.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Martin