Hi all, I have a Simple question of SelectOneMenu

In my bean I have an ArrayList with Patients, that is fill with an EJB
method. Patient object have the patientId and the patientName
Now how I can display it on a SelectOneMenu??

I searched and saw something like the following code, what I didnĀ“t
understand was: what myBean.selectedItem is, I know that
myBean.selectedItems is the ArrayList, but what is selectedItem?  Can
someone give a simple example for this simple question, thanks

JSF

<h:selectOneMenu value="#{myBean.selectedItem}">
   <f:selectItems value="#{myBean.selectItems}" />
</h:selectOneMenu>

MyBean

*private* Integer selectedItem; // + getter + setter

*public* List getSelectItems() {
   List selectItems = *new* ArrayList();
   selectItems.add(*new* SelectItem(integer1, string1);
   selectItems.add(*new* SelectItem(integer1, string2);
   *return* selectItems;