You can use solution from here:
http://jsf.javabeat.net/articles/2007/06/java-server-faces-jsf-html-tag-library/

or from here: http://www.exadel.com/tutorial/jsf/jsftags-guide.html
http://www.exadel.com/tutorial/jsf/jsftags-guide.html

It partially resolve problem with colspan in the header. But you can span
only one header for one table. I don't know how to do it for one table and I
used panelgrid with several datatable in it for every grouped columns. Now
my code looks like this:

<h:panelGrid columns="2" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="1">
                                <h:dataTable value="#{listForTable}" var="item"
captionClass="bids-header" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="1">
                                        <f:facet name="header">
                                                <h:outputText value="Bid"/>
                                        </f:facet>

                                        <h:column>
                                                <f:facet name="header">
                                                        <h:outputText
value="Line #"/>
                                                </f:facet>
                                                <h:outputText
value="#{item.field1}"/>
                                        </h:column>
                                        <h:column>
                                                <f:facet name="header">
                                                        <h:outputText
value="Item #"/>
                                                </f:facet>
                                                <h:outputText
value="#{item.field2}"/>
                                        </h:column>

                                </h:dataTable>
                                <h:dataTable value="#{listForTable}" var="item"
captionClass="bids-header" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="1">
                                                <f:facet name="header">
                                                        <h:outputText
value="GFS"/>
                                                </f:facet>