I found a reference to this question, but with no answer. My log shows:

09:19:43,636 WARN  [HtmlRenderKitImpl] Unsupported
component-family/renderer-type:
org.jboss.seam.ui.FormattedText/javax.faces.Text
Aug 15, 2007 9:19:43 AM
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.renderkit.RenderKitBase
getRenderer
WARNING: Renderer 'javax.faces.Text' not found for component family
'org.jboss.seam.ui.FormattedText'
09:19:43,638 WARN  [UIComponentBase] No Renderer found for component
...[Class: org.jboss.seam.ui.UIFormattedText,Id: _id34]}
(component-family=org.jboss.seam.ui.FormattedText,
renderer-type=javax.faces.Text)

As you can see, it is a Seam component and it has been configured
using facelets.

Now the component renders just fine, as do other components that are
not trinidad components, but the log quickly fills up with these
warnings.

Besides re-registering all my 3rd party renderers with the trinidad
render kit, which would be tedious and somewhat hard to maintain, is
there a way to stop these warnings?

Thanks, Andrew

FYI, the reference to this discussion I found is:
http://tinyurl.com/2c5wpa