Some ideas:

1) have your validator look up multiple components, and check to see
if their getSubmittedValue property returns null or not.

2) Validate that one has been set using an action listener or action
instead of a validator

3) Use binding with your controls and implement value change listeners
on each (this one would be harder I think)

-Andrew