Von: kewldude [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 28. August 2007 07:13
An: users@myfaces.apache.org
Betreff: Search Highlighting

I know this is a little bit off topic here, but I need to ask it here because
I'm using MyFaces in this project, so here it goes...

I need to present a dataTable that represents search results coming from a
search query (query of books, articles,documents etc. ). Lets say I have 4
columns to display (KeyNumber,Author,Title,Subject), within those columns I
need to highlight the exact words that the user used in querying/searching.
Lets say the user searched for Bert Bates.

The dataTable will be presented somewhat like this:

KeyNumber     Author

Title                             Subject
00001            Eric Freeman, Bert Bates, Elisabeth Freeman     Head First
Design Pattern     Certifications,Java
00002            Kathy Sierra, Bert Bates
Head First Java     Java, OOP

As you can see, the column where the search query has a match is not
highlighted completely. Only the
words that match up with the search string itself. Can this be done using
MyFaces? I hope you can provide some ideas and suggestions as to what
approach I can use or investigate.