Hello Andrew,

To my knowledge, this is the desired behavior since PPR requests does not
use a different lifecycle than a normal requests. However, since I had to
deal with that with every single ADF Faces/Trinidad projects I was on, I
made a new lifecycle that alter the behavior with PPR request by skipping
required check validations and running validation and update model phases
only on the PPR source then I restore the model value after the render to
make sure the model does not stay polluted. Finally, I have to save all
values that were pushed from PPR that way so that in further PPR requests
(in case there's more than one PPR active element in the page), I push the
value back to the model from the previous PPR requests. This last part is
the source of most of the complexity but is required when populating a
selectOneMenu's list of values from the value of two other fields for
example.

Regards,

~ Simon