Seam is an extremely helpful library, especially if you are going to
be using hibernate or EJB3 persistence. Its conversation scope is very
robust as well as its navigation handling extensions. Its security is
also fairly easy to work with (once you have it configured).

The only thing you may notice with Seam is that it is very integrated
into the JSF lifecycle and if you start doing some advanced coding
with your application you may run into areas where you have to
consider how you may affect Seam's functionality.

-Andrew