View expiry generally stinks in JSF 1.1;  in 1.2, there's
a ViewExpiredException, so the user should currently
see an alert.   That's not great - ideally, the main page
would refresh or redirect automatically.

I'm disinclined to tackle view expiry in JSF 1.1, as it's
generally just badly broken there.

-- Adam