Oh, absolutely, it's a bug, and we'll apply the fix you've provided.
I'm just pointing out that it's a really long-standing one, and that:

'This worked fine in ADF Faces before
porting to Trinidad where the listName was just "shuttle1:leading".
Note, however, that Trinidad now adds an additional "content" prefix'

... isn't quite right, since the bug existed in ADF Faces too,
and Trinidad doesn't add the "content" prefix itself.

-- Adam