Simon Lessard wrote:
Stripped part the mail because it was getting quite hard to read.

On 9/5/07, *Luka Surija* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > wrote:

    Yes it does display everytime as you can see here is the output:

    .. listcut
    Vinkulant: Hypo Leasing d.o.o.
    Vinkulant: Hypo-Leasing Kärnten GmbH & Co KG
    Vinkulant: Hypo-Leasing Kroatien d.o.o.
    ...listcut
    Could not find selected item matching value "Hypo-Leasing Kärnten
    GmbH &
    Co KG" in CoreSelectOneChoice[UIXEditableFacesBeanImpl, id=j_id156]
    ...listcut
    Vinkulant: Hypo Leasing d.o.o.
    Vinkulant: Hypo-Leasing Kärnten GmbH & Co KG
    Vinkulant: Hypo-Leasing Kroatien d.o.o.
    ... listcut

    I've just cut the whole list, but this is the server output.

    Simon, can you explain me how one item is selected from the list? Does
    it compare display names of selectItems or call equal method of
    selectItems value with value inside selectOneChoice?

It depends on the valuePassThru attribute. If it isn't specified or set to false, then it uses the index. If valuePassThru is true, then it compare the converted submitted value. Speaking of which, are you using any strange converter? That could be the cause of the equals failure.
No, I'm not using any converter.

    > I don't know about that one since I've been using my own
    > implementation since  ADF Faces as well.  I guess I should give
    it a
    > closer look at XMLMenuModel and see how I can add my own model
    > features to it as well as the ProcessModel since I don't know such
    > problems and its has been running in two production systems for
    more
    > than one year.
    There are two post addressing this issue (from me
    http://www.nabble.com/-Trinidad--XMLMenuModel-bug-tf4322443.html#a12308841
    <http://www.nabble.com/-Trinidad--XMLMenuModel-bug-tf4322443.html#a12308841>
    and from Stephen Friedrich

http://www.nabble.com/-Trinidad--Bug-in-XMLMenuModel---ItemNode---tf4344401.html#a12376683

<http://www.nabble.com/-Trinidad--Bug-in-XMLMenuModel---ItemNode---tf4344401.html#a12376683>

Yeah I saw the post. I didn't express myself correctly. I meant that I never personally experienced it, because I'm not using that Trinidad feature yet.

    The problem is that this is a dangerous bug, because people that works
    with this app must be carefull editing policy that has vinkulant
    assigned (user must select right value every time is in edit mode
    (sessionBean.readOnly ), and if he/she forgets, this
    attribute(data) is
    lost). So it is a little bit embracing for me.

I really don't think it's a component issue though, but we need to find what make it fail nonetheless. Is the field autoSubmit, immediate or is in any other way special?

No not at all, but page where this component is displaying containst cca 100 components, and many of them have autoSubmit and partialTriggers, but this component doesn't do any autoSubimt nor is inside a component under partialTrigger. Immediate I don't use at all. Perhaps this big amount of component does make a difference but still doesn't clarify the situation.

Regards,

~ Simon