On 9/5/07, Andrew Robinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Last notes on the night.
>
> I have been trying many different configurations and debugging more. I
> eventually got the client state to save correctly and the view to
> restore correctly by using:
>
>   <context-param>
>     <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.CLIENT_STATE_METHOD</param-name>
>     <param-value>all</param-value>
>   </context-param>

This is not likely relevant.

>   <context-param>
>     <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.CACHE_VIEW_ROOT</param-name>
>     <param-value>false</param-value>
>   </context-param>

This second one is likely the relevant one.  This disables an
optimization that gives Facelets some problems, though generally
only when transient components are in the page - specifically,
Facelets template text.

> The problem is that facelets then kept re-building the view between
> the execution of my action and the rendering of the view, which is
> very odd since my action and outcome were null.

Indeed odd, and suggestive of something else going seriously
wrong that's leading you down this path.

> So I tried the following parameter, as that is where the facelets code
> was switching on its value to rebuild the view:
>
>   <context-param>
>     <param-name>facelets.BUILD_BEFORE_RESTORE</param-name>
>     <param-value>true</param-value>
>   </context-param>
>
> Once I did that I keep getting this exception:

Don't set this - it's an experimental flag, and just sending
you further from the issue.  (No idea why it's
generating this exception).

-- Adam