Any thoughts on this one?

Is the way I'm using f:param wrong?

Regards,
Ognjen

Ognjen Blagojevic wrote:
Hi all,

I have a problem using h:commandLink and f:param that is specific to Internet Explorer. In JSF I have:

<h:dataTable value="#{myBean1.findAll}" var="row">
  <h:commandLink action="#{myBean.edit}">
    <f:param name="id" value="#{row.id}"/>
    <h:outputText value="edit" />
  </h:commandLink>

Which shoud generate "edit" link with "id" parameter for every row in the table. Later, in my edit action, i get this parameter with

  int id = Integer.parseInt((String) FacesContext
      .getCurrentInstance().getExternalContext()
      .getRequestParameterMap().get("id"));

Getting this parameter when client is Firefox, works just fine. However, trying it with IE 6, gives me "NumberFormatException: null". Javascript is enabled in both IE and FF.

I can see that MyFaces uses a Javascript for setting this parameter, so maybe this is the reason for incompatibility?

Regards,
Ognjen