There's two separate flags here:

- useWindow
- usePopup

If useWindow is false, that means we navigate the whole page
to the dialog.  Simple enough.

If useWindow is true, then we look at usePopup:  if it's false,
we want to show the dialog in a new browser window.
We use FredJSP so that we have a frameset around the
dialog view, needed to make sure that context is not lost
when you navigate within the dialog.

If usePopup is true, we use a DHTML dialog.  We don't
need FredJSP, since we're putting the dialog in an iframe,
and can directly navigate to the page.

Does this make sense?

What you're describing - "uses the URL returned from FredJSP.
getRedirectURL" - is intentional (and was the way things
worked back in ADF, FWIW).  What should be happening next
is that a frameset gets generated where the frame's source
is the URL of the desired page - so your dialog does show up.
Is that not working?

-- Adam