Hard to detect. I can see this error only at the very first postback, not afterwards.
I just wonder if anybody succeeded in having a4j together with Trinidad 1.02 in the same application.
I can kick a4j/richfaces out of the game as soon as I can replace dropdown menus (e.g. context-menus) through something provided by Trinidad.
Popups might be a good starting point, but cascading of nested menus has to be simulated (e.g. a popup triggering another popup aside and so on).

-- Renzo

Adam Winer wrote:
We could really use a stack trace to help narrow this down;
any chance you could put a Thread.dumpStack() at this
logged method?

This presumably means that A4J is failing to invoke
the Trinidad ViewHandler while rendering.

-- Adam