Hello,

I am seeing some undesirable behavior with the <tr:validateLongRange> tag in
Trinidad 1.0.1.  I have an inputText whose value must be a positive integer:

must
be a positive integer"/>

The problems I have are:
1.      If I enter a string (with no numbers) I see the supplied
messageDetailMinimum.  If I enter a number with a decimal point I see
another message, "Validation Error: Value is not of the correct type.".
Apparently there is no way to change this text.  I would prefer to either
see the messageDetailMinimum (as happens with a string) or to add an
attribute to the tag to specify the message to show when the value is not an
integer.  The default "Value is not of the correct type" is not really
acceptable to me from a usability perspective.
2.      Suppose I have another inputText on the same page that is required.  If
leave that field blank and enter a floating point number in my numeric
input, I will only see a validation error for the required field.  I won't
see that the numeric value is not of the correct type until I supply data
for all required fields.
3.      If I enter a floating point number and submit the form, I see the "Value
is not of the correct type" message.  If I change the value so it has
another validation error, for example by entering a number that is out of
range, the new error message is added to the page but the original one is
not removed.  So the field will show two error messages, in this case
"Validation Error: Value is not of the correct type." followed by "The
quantity must be a positive integer".  Despite the fact that the value is
now the correct type.

Questions: are there workarounds for these problems?  Taken together they
seem to make the validateLongRange tag unusable.  Can it be improved?  Are
people using custom validators for this, or is there a suitable combination
of built-in validators?

Thank you,
Eric Fikus