Dear MyFaces experts

I have a problem with the t:panelNavigation2 component.

In the jsp-page I inserted the component as follows:

            <t:panelNavigation2 id="menuNavigation" layout="list"
itemClass="mypage" openItemClass="open" activeItemClass="selected">
                  <t:navigationMenuItems id="navitems"
value="#{navigationService.menu}" />
            </t:panelNavigation2>

The actual navigationItems are created in the method "getMenu()" of the session
scope backing bean "navigationService". Additionaly, we had to integrate a
picture with an imageMap with links to the same page (with a parameter). After
clicking on one of the links on the image, the selected item in the
panelNavigation menu has to be adapted. Thus, the method getMenu() reads the
request parameter and adapts the menu. So far this works perfect.
But the following scenario does not work, i.e. the getMenu() is not called as
expected:
1. Click on a link in the image => The correct item in the menu is selected
(inside the method "getMenu()) and the correct page is displayed.
2. Click on the browser back button
3. Click on another link in the image => The method "getMenu()" is not called
again and thus the wrong menu item is selected.

Does anybody have an idea why this method is not called after the browswer's
back-button? How can we fix this problem?

Thanks in advance and Best Regards

Thomas

P.S.: We are using MyFaces 1.1.5 with tomahawk 1.1.6

Thomas Bühler
Serviceapplikationen PF54-24

Die Schweizerische Post
PostFinance
Informatik Betrieb
Engehaldestrasse 37
3030 Bern

Telefon +41 (0)31 338 29 34

E-Mail:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Internet: www.postfinance.ch

Sicherheitshinweis:
Dieses E-Mail von PostFinance ist signiert. Weitere Informationen finden Sie
unter:
https://www.postfinance.ch/e-signature.
Geben Sie Ihre Sicherheitselemente niemals Dritten bekannt.