Sure enough, and in general this list is very helpful.
It was mostly my frustration that got me agitated because _each_ framework I
turned to had at least one bug that caused interoperability issues and several
others bugs that I had to work around.

Also I was not that familiar with all the configuration files.
Now I feel a little more at ease with
(web|faces-config|trinidad-config|trinidad-skins|menu-metadata|components|pages|persistence).xml
and how they interact.

On 9/27/07, Stephen Friedrich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> to JSF RI before going live with my app, because server-side state-saving
is broken

> > is there an issue for it already ?
>
> Now there is one:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-1733

thanks!

> I send an e-mail to this list about two weeks ago, but never got any
> response, so I was discouraged to pursue the issue further.

well, that happens :-)

> (And it took me the better of two days of trial-and-error to find out
> that MyFaces with server-side-state saving is what caused the problem.)

sorry to hear, but sometimes that unfortunately happens. I think
everybody knows stories like that.

-M

--
Matthias Wessendorf