That is what I thought as well and what is sensible.

I need to dig a bit deeper and see what is going on.

Currently what I've tested is to put a break point in a old class which
retrieves a users id from the http session.
When accessing a struts page, I see one session. But when accessing a jsf
page, where I call the same method via a Facelts functino I see another
session (which only has a couple jsf related attributes in it).

Can security constraints (container managed) cause different sessions to be
created?

If anyone can think of something which may cause what I'm seeing I'd be
greateful.

Thanks,
 Mike