From: Kuhn, Harald [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 1:05 PM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: [Trinidad]: multiline table rows <tr:table> with nested <tr:column> -
Tags

Hi,

we are trying build a table, where each logical row (from the Backing bean) is
displayed as 2 rows in HTML output.
So the result should look similar to this image (from our struts-application,
we want to migrate to JSF):
Picture (Device Independent Bitmap)

What I tried to to is to use a <tr:table> + nested <tr:column> - Tags
i.e.
        xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html";
        xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core";
        xmlns:tr="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad"; title="Multiline Table">

                    var="tableRow"
                    varStatus="tableStatus"
                    rowBandingInterval="1"
                    rows="3"
                    noWrap="true"
                  sortable="true">
                         noWrap="true"
                         sortProperty="kategorie"
                           defaultSortOrder="ascending">
                <f:facet name="header">
                </f:facet>

                          sortProperty="kategorie"
                          defaultSortOrder="ascending">
                  <f:facet name="header">
                   kategorie
              </f:facet>

                           sortProperty="transaktionen"
                           defaultSortOrder="ascending">
                  <f:facet name="header">
                   transaktionen
              </f:facet>

                         sortProperty="transaktionen"
                         defaultSortOrder="ascending">
                <f:facet name="header">
                </f:facet>

                           sortProperty="betragCompanyAccount"
                           defaultSortOrder="ascending">
                  <f:facet name="header">
                   Betrag CA
              </f:facet>

#{dynamicTable.data} returns just a list of Beans (public final
List<AirlineBean> getData())

Unfortunatly, only the header -facets are rendered as I would expect. But, the
data rows not.

The output (after the first paging request) in different browsers look as
followed:
FF 2.0:
Picture (Device Independent Bitmap)

IE7:
Picture (Device Independent Bitmap)
Logging says:
2007-10-29 13:00:26,906   WARN
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.io.DebugHtmlResponseWriter: Illegal HTML:
cannot put a <span> element in a <table> element.

2007-10-29 13:00:26,906   WARN
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.io.DebugHtmlResponseWriter: Illegal HTML:
cannot put a <span> element in a <table> element.

2007-10-29 13:00:26,906   WARN
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.io.DebugHtmlResponseWriter: Illegal HTML:
cannot put a <span> element in a <tr> element.

2007-10-29 13:00:26,906   WARN
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.io.DebugHtmlResponseWriter: Illegal HTML:
cannot put a <span> element in a <tr> element.

2007-10-29 13:00:26,906   WARN
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.io.DebugHtmlResponseWriter: Illegal HTML:
cannot put a <span> element in a <table> element.

2007-10-29 13:00:26,906   WARN
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.io.DebugHtmlResponseWriter: Illegal HTML:
cannot put a <span> element in a <table> element.

2007-10-29 13:00:26,906   WARN
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.io.DebugHtmlResponseWriter: Illegal HTML:
cannot put a <span> element in a <tr> element.

2007-10-29 13:00:26,921   WARN
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.io.DebugHtmlResponseWriter: Illegal HTML:
cannot put a <span> element in a <tr> element.

As it is allowed to nest <tr:column>-Tags, I would expect this to work. Am I
doing something wrong?
This feature is essential for our application, therefore any help would be
great.

ENV:
        MyFaces 1.2.1-SNAP
        Trinindad 1.2.3
        Facelets  1.1.14

Kind regards

  Harald

**************************************
Harald Kuhn
AirPlus International
Business Information Services
Phone:   +49 (0) 61 02 204-821
Fax:     +49 (0) 61 02 204-139
E-Mail:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Internet:   <http://www.airplus.com> www.airplus.com

Lufthansa AirPlus Servicekarten GmbH · Hans-Böckler-Straße 7 · 63263
Neu-Isenburg · Germany · Geschäftsführer: Patrick W. Diemer (Vorsitz), Lutz
Logemann · Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Stephan Gemkow · Handelsregister:
Amtsgericht Offenbach/Main, HRB 8119