I looked at this a little more, I just have one more detail I would like to
add:

Firebug is reporting the following error:

"document.forms has no properties
var a5=document.forms[a0];"

It is reporting this error in Common1_2_3.js (line 5180).

Perhaps this can provide a clue of what might be wrong.

Again I am using Trinidad 1.2.3 deploying on GlassFish 2.

Thanks in advance for any help.

David