Alright, I understand what you intend to do. Indeed, it seems quite easy the way you want to do it.

I guess you still have the alternative of using a small graphicImage with a width of 1 pixel and resize it by setting the width attribute of the grahicImage.

See if that works for you,

Cheers, Christopher

Wolfgang schrieb:
Hi Christopher,

first thanks for checking the stuff by yourself!

Would be fine if i could use the h:inputText, because in my case I abuse the inputText as a bar like the one in a barChart diagramm. It's quiet easy you just have to set the border to false, use the background-color style and set the inputText to disable :) I guess this is a quite good solution if you need simple bars instead of creating it with jfreechart or whatever.. and you can use the size parameter to define the lenght/size of the bars. Actually you can abuse the h:outputText as well, but in my special case I would like to have the percantage of each bar inside the bar itself. Another disadvantage using the outputText is you can not use the size parameter!

Cheers,
Wolfgang
Hi Wolfgang,

you're indeed right, I get the same problem when trying your example. You could use an outputText as a workaround to display the values.

I tried to figure out the source of the problem and saw that during rendering the page the value binding of the specific inputText is null (i.e. method UIOutput.getValue()). I don't understand it though. You should probably file an issue for that. Maybe somebody of the MyFaces crew has any idea how to solve this problem. It has to be something that is connected to tree2 because - as you mentioned - there is no problem using the inputText outside the tree2 component.

Cheers,

Christopher

Wolfgang schrieb:
Hi,

yes I am sure! Everything is rendered fine besides the value text. I tried t:inputField and h:inputField but both same effect

What else do you see? Can you be sure that facade "expandNode" is rendered?

Wolfgang schrieb:
Hi,

does anyone know why the value of an h:inputText is not shown in a t:tree2 component?
I put the inputText outside of the tree and there it works fine...

<t:tree2 id="treeGoSlim"
            value="#{functionalPageTree.modelBase}"
            var="node"
            showRootNode="false"
            showLines="true">

       <f:facet name="expandNode">

           <h:panelGrid id="treeGrid" columns="2">
               <h:commandLink value="#{node.description}"
actionListener="#{functionalPageTree.addChildren}"
                              immediate="true"/>
               <h:panelGrid>

                   <h:inputText value="100%"
style="font-size:9;color:black;text-align:center;height:11;background:#84BC73;border-style:none"
                                size="40"
                                disabled="true"/>

                   <h:inputText value="80%"
style="font-size:9;color:black;text-align:center;height:11;background:lightgray;border-style:none"
                                size="30"
                                disabled="true"/>

               </h:panelGrid>
           </h:panelGrid>