Hi Nitin,

Interesting...

You are using a relative url for the icon, which is probably not a good idea.

If you are using suffix mapping, eg "*.jsf" then the problem is less serious.
It won't work properly once you have your pages in more than one directory of
course, so I hope your application is not going to grow very large..

But if you are using "path mapping" for JSF, eg
  /faces/*
to trigger the JSF servlet, then this will *definitely* cause problems, as
fetching the icon obviously triggers the faces servlet. I still would not
expect to see "ajax" classes in the stacktrace as you have, nor to see the
socket being closed before the response is complete though.

Which kind of mapping do you have for FacesServlet? And for the tomahawk
ExtensionsFilter (if you are using it)?

Regards,

Simon