On Fri, 2008-01-04 at 11:10 -0800, mraible wrote:
> MyFaces 1.2.1 appears to be available in the Central Maven Repository but
> there's no indication on myfaces.apache.org on in JIRA. Was it released? If
> so, was there an announcement?

Hmm..there is an impl jar (from 22 dec), and a myfaces-core-project, but
not an api jar.

I would guess that the release manager has made a mistake and published
a partial set of artifacts by mistake. oops. I'll point this out on the
dev list.

There are attempts at the moment to get a 1.2.1 release out; people seem
pretty happy with the current 1.2.1 snapshots. However the release
manager has been having some problems with maven. In addition, Sun's
pain-in-the-arse control of the official JSF approval process means that
the release process is somewhat secretive, even to committers on the
project. A release-candidate is made, then disappears into a black hole
while going through the sun-controlled test process. Sometimes it comes
out again as a blessed release, sometimes not. I think it's fair to say
that the ASF is not happy about this, but there isn't a lot that can be
done. And in the end, having the TCK run against the release candidate
is better than not having it done, even if the process is bad.

I also see that there is a tag directory called "1.2.1", even though the
1.2.1 release has not been made yet. This seems like bad practice to me,
though possibly is the fault of the maven-release-plugin (one of the
more poorly-designed maven plugins IMO).

Regards,

Simon