Hi I have a small problem which I'm trying to figure out the best
solution to.

We have a portal (Weblogic 10) which has different desktops (portal
files) for different operational phases, as the available content
differs greatly from phase to phase. The majority of our portlets are
JSF portlets.

In the header of each portal desktop there is a JSF portlet which can be
used to select the date to be shown and therefore the phase and desktop
to be shown. I have a method on a managed bean which can identify which
desktop has to be shown, but using this within the JSF context to
navigate to a different portal desktop is not going to work.

The problem is how do I forward to the new desktop from within the
portlet which is in the action part of its JSF life cycle? I can't use
the standard JSF navigation as this would only apply to the contents of
the portlet and not of the portal as a whole.

I have a nasty feeling I will have to put a filter in and check the
selected date before I display the desktop. This will mean rooting
around in the URL which is sent when the form containing the date
selection is submitted.

Before I do this I was just wondering if anyone else had a more elegant
solution.

Thanks
Sandy
____

This message and any files transmitted with it are legally privileged and
intended for the sole use of the individual(s) or entity to whom they are
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by
reply and delete the message and any attachments from your system. Any
unauthorised use or disclosure of the content of this message is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

Nothing in this e-mail message amounts to a contractual or legal commitment on
the part of EUROCONTROL, unless it is confirmed by appropriately signed hard
copy.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the sender.