---- "Georg Füchsle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:

> Hallo!
>
> I have got a form with some input elements using the 'required'-tag.
> There is also a button that leads to an intermediate form with some extra
> input fields. This button has got the 'immediate'-tag set true, in order to
> allow this navigation even if not all required fields are set.
>
> But in this way I cannot save the values that already had been inputted to
> the fields of the first form. (I would like to save then even if they are
> not complete, because I want to display them again, when returning to the
> first form.)
>
> Is there a way to save these values? Can I do this by hand while processing
> action of my button?

I suggest you add an actionListener *attribute* to your button which points to
a method on your backing bean:

  public void handleButton(ActionEvent event) {
  }

The ActionEvent class includes a reference to the actual button component. You
can then call "findComponent" on that to find other components in the same
naming container by their id.

So for each component you want to save, find it with findComponent, then cast
it to type UIInput and call getSubmittedValue.

Regards,
Simon